Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Necklace Holder


I'm a very visual person. Out of sight- out of mind.
I'm all about lists and notes- it helps me stay organized. I think that's why I considered making this blog- ONE place that contains all my paintings && projects?? Yes please!
---
Anyways- I have SO many necklaces, I tend to forget I have them which is why I normally don't wear jewelry.
---
But lately, I've noticed myself buying some necklaces and bracelets that i've fallen in love with.
---
I told myself I couldn't buy ONE more until I make some type of cute necklace holder. That way, I can see my options every morning.
---
This brought me to my first DIY project (well, not first EVER.. but it's been a while). First for my blog anyways. :)
---
I did some research online of some necklace holders and eventually came to the conclusion of wanting to buy a plaque of wood, && add some different kinds of knobs to give it more of a vintage look. 
---
---
I purchased the knobs on my go-to website: www.ebay.com
Each one ranged in price from $.99 - $3.00 each. STEAL!!
There are LOADS to choose from, but i just picked my favorites.
---
 Thankfully I was able to borrow the drill//drill bits from my work so it made this project much easier.
---
I've been obsessed with the color blue for a while now, and most recently TURQUOISE has been my color. I painted the plaque I got from Michaels Arts & Crafts store with acrylic paint. 
---
The next step was to measure out where I would put knobs, and use the drill bits to make the holes for the screws to go into. Using the drill was probably the hardest thing I had to do, which i may or may not have had some help with .. ;)
---

---
I decided to buy some small hooks to put on the underside of the wooden plaque, that way there are more spots to hang the essentials. Those only needed a hammer to be put in (thankfully).
---
I used some sandpaper to give the turquoise paint a more rustic look. I think it helps the color blend into the wood and look a bit more natural.
---





---
Took some time, but it was a successful project and I'm very pleased with the finished product as well as the aesthetics it adds to my room. :)
---
Until next time<3

No comments:

Post a Comment